The following performance tools are available for cocoa application development:
- Instruments- the instruments are used to display memory statistics, CPU usage, disk data, network statistics and thread activities.
- Big top-big tops show the graph performance trends
- Malloc debug- This gives us an insight into how much memory is allocated to different functions. It tells us how much memory a function is consuming and also finds leaks by checking allocated memory that is not referenced anywhere in the program.
- Shark- shark tracks function calls and graphs memory allocation.
- Quartz debug- it helps debug applications that do large amounts of drawing.